- Humber Sceptre MK 2 -
can I get Rootes parts ?
Specification of the Humber Sceptre Mk2 1725cc
The Humber Sceptre has established a reputation as the most luxurious and superbly-equipped car in its class.
Now a new and improved 1,725 c.c. engine brings more powerful sports performance - with overdrive as standard, or fully-automatic transmission as an extra. New
features also include striking frontal styling, smart interior trim, with additional driving refinements and luxury appointments.
This new Humber Sceptre is a
prestige car of quality, finely-engineered, reliable and economical and magnificent value at a modest price.
POWERFUL NEW 1,725 c.c. o.h.v. ENGINE - 5-bearing crankshaft, smoother, silent running.
Greater power, smoother running, improved all-round performance. The new Humber Sceptre engine adds these advantages to exciting sports performance.
Of advanced 'square' design, the high-precision '1725' has been thoroughly proved for efficiency,
reliability and economy. A 5-bearing crankshaft ensures smooth and silent running at all speeds.
- 5-bearing crankshaft
- Twin choke compound carburetor for easy starting and efficiency
- Aluminium cylinder head for maximum thermal efficiency
- Large inlet and exhaust valves
- High performance camshaft
- Special water-heated manifold of advanced design
- Alternator instead of dynamo for higher charging rate
- Engine compartment insulated against noise
- Capacity 1,725 c.c.
- Compression ratio 9.2:1
- Develops 91 b.h.p at 5,500 r.p.m.
- Maximum torque 105.9 lb.ft. at 3,500 r.p.m.
- Rear axle with semi-floating hubs incorporates hypoid final drive
- Diaphragm clutch for light operation and long life
NEW HUMBER SCEPTRE
Steering column has adjustment of 2 1/2 inches.
Adjustment is quick and simple. Loosen wheel by turning centre boss. Set wheel
to the most comfortable distance. Then lock in position, by reverse turn of boss.
A complete built-in heating and ventilating system is standard equipment.
Warm or cool air can be directed towards the rear compartment. A clock is fitted
as standard, and provision is also made for radio as an extra.
With automatic transmission, an extra, the gear lever is replaced by a
console-mounted selector lever. Gear-changing is entirely automatic.
Dual headlamps, now more powerful. Clear,
dazzle-free illumination, with choice of long or short range beams.
Safe night driving.
Swivelling quarter-lights in the rear compartment
can be adjusted for draughtless ventilation. They can be securely fastened.
Overdrive on top and third gears, standard
equipment, is operated by a switch on steering column.