1963 Singer Vogue

Norman Raeburn

1963 Singer Vogue

Post by Norman Raeburn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi Folks, I have a 1963 Singer Vogue which I am very slowly restoring. I am most surprised there isn't more activity on the forum as there seems to be little or no support for the Vogue. I need, if anyone can help, some photos of the underside of the car as mine needs a lot of welding. Big chunks of the chassis legs are missing and a few photos would be a great help. I hope to get back to this as I have lost inspiration to get on with it. I hope someone can help and look forward to any help. All the best, Norman

Norman Raeburn

Re: 1963 Singer Vogue

Post by Norman Raeburn » Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Folks, Well where does a year go, I haven't done ANYTHING to this in the last year. I am slowly clearing my garage so I can get back to this. I am 65 this year and hope to get this done before I am toooooo old. I am still looking for pictures of the underside, surely somebody has some pictures. If you can help please let me know. All the best, hopefully not for another year? Norman

AlexTheBear

Post by AlexTheBear » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi Norman,
In the absence of response by long term posters on this site, I offer a sort of solution. This is my first post on the forum and I have literally 'just' bought a '62 Singer Vogue Estate 3 days ago. It's not a saloon, as I believe yours is, but it might be of help. I shall take some pics of the underside of mine, which is solid but in need of fettling. Post them shortly (some time this evening probably) as I have to get the car on stands to get underneath and it's throwing it down outside, contrary to the forecasters. Cheers, Alex

Norman Raeburn

Post by Norman Raeburn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi Alex, Many thanks for your reply which I missed so please accept my apologies. I started a thread about lack of posts on the forum and here am I guilty of the same. I would appreciate any pictures you could provide particularly of the front section of the floor pans and the angled chassis section that goes to the sill . I hope to get back to this shortly as I am supposed to be semi retired now. I have lots of welding to do so will need to fabricate the repair sections. All the best, Norman.